Fri, Jun 03|
Emotional Efficacy Training (Online) with Dr. Aprilia West
Don't miss out on this 4-part series of Emotional Efficacy Training with trainer/author, Dr. Aprilia West. 11 CEs co-sponsored by ACBS SoCal Chapter!
Time & Location
Jun 03, 2022, 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
About the Event
SoCal Chapter is excited to announce a 4-part series of Emotional Efficacy Training (11 CEs available) with psychologist, coach, trainer and author, Dr. Aprilia West from 8 am- 11 am PT on Friday 4/1, 5/6, 6/3, and 7/1, 2022.
As professionals you’re already familiar with the challenge of working with clients with low emotional efficacy. In fact, studies suggest that over 75% of therapy clients and 25% of coaching clients suffer a lack of powerful emotional responding. Even experienced providers get stuck and wonder what to do for clients who struggle to respond intentionally, flexibly and creatively to emotion triggers. With the emotion efficacy protocol (EET), you'll learn how to to deliver a brief, structured skills training in just 8 weeks that offers:
- A step-by-step guide and materials for the psychoeducation + skills training to develop greater emotional intelligence, psychological flexibility and resilience
- Increased capacity for working with clients in intensely activated states
- Increase skillfulness using exposure-based skills practice so your clients will retain the learning
In addition, the EET protocol can help your clients :
- Decode emotion triggers (defaults + values)
- Observe all parts of emotional STUF (sensations, thoughts, urges & feelings)
- Surf emotion waves instead of reacting on unhelpful urges
- Clarify and act on values in moments of intense stress or distress
- Regulate emotions when needed act on what matters
- Practice skills in an activated state so the learning 'sticks.'
EET can be delivered in a group or individual format. Multiple studies suggest EET increases emotion regulation, distress tolerance and decreases experiential avoidance and depression, anxiety and stress.
The training will begin 4/1/2022 and as one of the perks of being a member of the Socal Chapter you are eligible for a $25 discount by using the code: "socal acbs" when you register before 3/15/2022.
We hope you'll join us for this 4-part series!
For information about CEs (11 CEs available) and details of event click HERE